Thursday, March 10, 2011

Creative Spirit

It seems to me that, as the semester has gone on, my creative spirit is somehow being drained, not weakened, drained. I fear this development and I do not know if it is reversible or permanent. . . Really the problem is that it never seems to be there when I really need it.

For some hours now I have been trying to finish my Reversal paper but it my mind is not functioning and it is only going in circles. I can't believe that it would desert me like this! At such a crucial time too! Where did it get such a rebellious spirit? Certainly not from me...I really hate to fall to desperate measures but it seems that I am going to have to resort to bribery and I shall have to fuel my brain with cookies. *sigh*

1 comment:

Debbie said...

When Kelly Gallagher was here a few weeks ago, he said there are days when "I have the syrup but it just won't pour." That is the nature of writing sometime. One of the reasons I believe that teachers should allow revisions of polished writing, even after the due date. Sometimes the inspiration strikes outside of the boundaries schools set with grading periods, schedules, etc. So, for now, do the best you can and let it rest. The syrup will pour again, I promise!