Friday, March 11, 2011

Nerd

I think of one of the things that my husband loves about me most is that I am a geek. I am more of a geek than he is. I know computers pretty well and I game. In fact, I brought more game consoles and pc games into our marriage than he did. Even more than that, he loves that I play D&D with him. For those of you who are not geeks or just aren't that old, D&D stands for Dungeons and Dragons and it is a creative role-playing game.

It sounds silly, I know, but it is actually really fun and it really boosts creativity. We are even playing tonight. We get a group together about every week and spend way too much time battling monsters and finding treasure. I'm the rogue in the party (i.e. the thief) so I think I have the most fun but to each his own. D&D is a world of imagination--enter at your own risk because here there be monsters! But the real danger is that once you try it out, you might not be able to stop :)

No comments: