Thursday, March 17, 2011

Emerald City

I always loved the part in The Wizard of Oz when Dorothy and Co. finally make it to the Emerald City and every thing is green! Green is my favorite color, especially Emerald green. Perhaps it is due to my Irish blood but I always have had an affinity for the color. That is why I love St. Patrick's Day so much because for one day of the year everyone has to wear my favorite color or suffer the consequences! Muahahahaha! St. Patrick's Day was always a big day in my family anyway since that is my parents' anniversary. We never had corned beef but my mom would die everything green! Pea soup, green mashed potatoes, green sugar cookies with green icing, always lots of salad and green veggies, one year we even had green eggs!

I love St. Patrick's Day, and if I would have had my way I would have gotten married today too but my husband refused to wait a year. . .go figure. At least I can carry on the traditions of St. Patrick's Day in my own home: Oh Sam I Am! Dinner Time!

No comments: